Sigma Beauty Basic Face Kit Review

by - 7:54 PM


So I was recently on the hunt for new makeup brushes and I'd been reading about Sigma Beauty's all over the internet. I had previously been using ELF Brushes and they're great for the price but they kind of started to fall apart on me. Not to mention how much product got soaked into the bristles instead of on my face. I just felt like I was wasting so much on them. Anyway, after doing some research, I purchased Sigma Beauty's Basic Face Kit.

I was pretty much sold on these brushes the second I saw the packaging. The five brushes in the kit came in this cute little box and they were all individually wrapped in plastic. I think I actually love the packaging as much as the brushes themselves.


The first brush in this set is the F30 Large Powder Brush. It is a little bit big for my face but that is the only flaw I've found. The bristles literally feel like velvet. I use this brush to apply my Bare Minerals Mineral Veil powder and it gives it such a nice finish. This brush does a great job of really working the powder into the foundation. Also, did I mention it feels like velvet?



The next brush is the F50 Duo Fibre brush. I had previously been using ELF's small stipple brush to apply my BB Creme and they bristles were too spaced out and thin to really get the job done efficiently. This brush has a pretty large head and the bristles are packed in much tighter than ELF's brush. It makes it so easy to really blend in my BB Creme and gives me a very even coverage.


Next up is the F40 Large Angled Contour which is an absolute dream when it comes to applying bronzer. This is actually the first bronzer brush I have purchased. I had previously been using the little mini brush that comes with Maybelline's Fit Me Bronzers (I know, I know) and it didn't work well at all for me. I use this brush to apply NARS Laguna to contour my cheekbones and it goes on so smoothly. The angle of the brush makes shaping the contour so simple. I honestly don't know how I survived before this brush.



The F60 Foundation Brush has been an absolute lifesaver for me. I know it's meant for use all over the face but I find it works best for blending in my under eye concealer. The small brush is just too small to cover the whole area efficiently and evenly. I had previously been using ELF's Foundation Brush to blend my under eye concealer and it was nothing short of a nightmare. It would work great directly after I washed it but the bristles felt very plastic-like and the product build up on the brush was insane. It would get to the point where I wouldn't even have to take any product out of the concealer tube; so much would be built up on the brush I could just apply it directly from there. I've been using the F60 Foundation Brush for about a week now and I haven't noticed and product build up at all. The bristles are very soft and gentle on the skin which is great for that extremely sensitive skin that's under the eye. This brush has cured so much frustration for me.


The last brush that came in this set was the F70 Concealer Brush. It's pretty tiny and great for covering up small blemishes. I've also found that it is good for applying eyeshadow. It's very similar to the brush that comes with Urban Decay's Naked Palette and I've been trying so many different eyeshadow combinations lately so this brush is great for when I want to switch up my look.


To my surprise, my package came with a free gift! An E25 Eyeshadow Blending Brush. I already have one of these (not sigma) but it's great to have a back up for when I deviate from my normal eyeshadow routine; as I have been frequently!

So that's the Basic Face Kit! Sigma Beauty's brushes are incredible and the set came a what I think is a very reasonable price for such high quality tools. I'll definitely be buying more brushes from Sigma Beauty!

You May Also Like

0 comments