Maybelline Color Elixir Review

by - 2:02 PM


I've heard so much about Maybelline's new Color Elixir lip glosses from beauty bloggers all around the internet. They've recently released these for their spring line and they're supposed to be pigmented like a lipstick, shiny like a gloss, and moisturize like a lip balm. All three in one? Yes please! However, when I picked these up at the store I was thinking it was too good to be true. After I picked them up in three different shades and applied it I found myself thinking… ehh. I mean, they're good as a lip gloss but they aren't crazily pigmented and I'm not really crazy about the shades I bought.



The first one I got was in the shade Nude Illusion and this one is my favorite out of the three. It's actually a really nice nude shade on me and it lasts for a pretty good amount of time. I have a really bad habit of rubbing my lips together so anything that's supposed to last all day will last for about half that time on me. So I do need to reapply it throughout the day but I like Nude Illusion and will probably be using this one a lot.


The second shade I picked up was Blush Essence. Looking back, I probably would have been happier with Petal Plush but oh well. This color looks so pretty in the tube but once applied it's pretty thin. It's not really that pigmented but I guess it will be nice when I just want something subtle.

The last shade I got was Amethyst Potion. I'd been looking for a deep red lip color for a long time and this one looked like just that in the tube. But when I applied it it was really purple. More of a berry color. The color of the tube is not the color that showed up on my lips and that kind of disappointed me. 

Overall, I was really underwhelmed by these lip glosses. There was a lot of hype built up around them for me and I had really high expectations for them. They just didn't do it for me. However, I do think they'll work really well over my Maybelline lipsticks! They'll do the job for now but I'm still searching for my holy grail lip gloss! Let me know what you thought of the Maybelline Color Elixirs!

You May Also Like

0 comments