Product Spotlight: Soap & Glory

by - 6:11 PM

I follow beauty bloggers heavily both through written blogs and YouTube. My favorite blogger and the one that inspired me to start my own blog was Zoella. Throughout the years there has been one brand that she has hailed over and over again: Soap & Glory. It's a UK based brand so it's availability in the U.S. is limited. At the moment, the brand is strictly carried at Sephora; which isn't really a hindrance at all being that it's one of the biggest beauty stores in the country. So I decided to give this brand a try. The first product I picked up was Soap & Glory's The Righteous Butter in the Original Pink Scent ($20). 

I think this is my favorite lotion I've ever used. The first thing I fell in love with was the scent; it's just incredible. It's described as combining 'fresh bergamot, mandarin, rose, jasmine, peach, strawberry, oakmoss, and amber with woody and warm vanilla notes.' As soon as I read rose and jasmine I was sold. I'm a big fan of heavy floral scents and this is definitely that. It's probably more of a winter scent but I'm going to use it all year round. The mandarin adds a little something extra in the after scent. I smell that more once I've put it on. 

Once I was done obsessing over the amazing smell of it I actually put it on. Now, I've always had eczema and just all around sensitive skin so heavily perfumed scents (such as Bath and Body Works products) have always left me irritated so I was a little bit hesitant to try this. My worries were all in vain because no lotion has ever left my skin feeling so literally silky. Not even lotions meant for eczema. It's so ridiculously hydrating I couldn't stop rubbing my arms after I applied it. Not only is it hydrating but it absorbs into damp skin almost instantly (it's meant to be applied directly after showering) so you're not left feeling all slippery and gross waiting for it to dry. 

So, after having such a great experience with this lotion, I picked up Soap & Glory's Hand Food ($12), also in the Pink scent, for my purse and I use it daily. It's just as moisturizing and sweet smelling. 


The next product I picked up was Soap & Glory's Clean On Me creamy moisture shower gel ($16). It's in the Pink scent (I know, I'm obsessed) and again, I've always had trouble with heavily scented shower gels because of my sensitive skin, but this stuff is actually incredible. The bottle is pretty big and lasts for a really long time. I only need two pumps on my loofah because it lathers up a ridiculous amount. I used three pumps the first time and was rinsing my loofah of the excess for at least five minutes. The mandarin scent is definitely more prominent in the shower gel but it smells just as sweet as the lotion. I've also never used a shower gel or soap that was as moisturizing as this one. Sometimes I skip the lotion altogether after showering but the effects of the shower gel and lotion combined are undeniable. 


Soap & Glory is definitely an incredible brand with great and effective products. I highly recommend that you find your favorite scent of theirs and buy every product they make in it. It's worth it and you get a lot of product for your money. Hope you enjoyed this review; let me know if you have any questions!








You May Also Like

0 comments