SUMMER LOOKBOOK 2014

by - 5:21 PM

Hello my lovelies! Today I bring to you a fashion filled summer post. Now that I am on break for the summer I've had a slew of post ideas swimming through my brain and, slowly but surely, I'm finally getting around to bringing them to life. I am hoping that I can bring something different to the table from other beauty bloggers, especially being that I am not a picture perfect size two. So without further ado, I bring to you my summer lookbook. My staple this year has definitely been dresses and from lazy days on the beach to blazing hot cookouts I've come up with five outfits to quench even the thirstiest of fashionistas.

LOOK ONE: Flirty Florals







I am obsessed with florals for any time of the year. For this look I kept my hair down and a little bit messy so the rest of the look came across as effortless. 
Dress: Forever 21
Sweater: Similar
Necklace: Similar
Shoes: Urban Outfitters


LOOK TWO: Girly Geometrics





The pattern on this dress is amazing and I didn't want to distract from that by doing anything too intricate with my hair. A sleek, neat sock bun gives this look a chic finish.
Dress: Forever 21
Necklace: Similar
Shoes: Just Fab 

LOOK THREE: Classy & Casual






The shirt, pearls, and shoes scream classy to me but by pairing them with jeans and leaving my hair down and relaxed it gives the look just the right touch of casual. The look is balanced between the two enough that you could wear it to any summer event and not be over or under dressed. 
Shirt: Similar
Shoes: Just Fab
Necklace: Similar, Similar

LOOK FOUR: Maxi Madness






I stayed with the sock bun for this look but I added in two little accent braids to give it an effortless boho vibe. I think it really works well with this dress.
Dress: Similar
Necklace: Similar
Shoes: Similar

LOOK FIVE: Comfy by the Campfire




This may come as a shock, but you don't need to be stick thin to wear a crop top. This one from Brandy Melville is one of my favorites. I paired it with a slouchy sweater to give it a very relaxed feel, like something you'd wear on a chilly night at the beach or by a fire. I added a chunky necklace and a Dutch crown braid to top it off.
Top: Similar, Similar
Sweater: Similar
Jeans: American Eagle
Necklace: Francesca's

This took a lot of courage for me to post because I'm not really confident when it comes to my body. However, I want everyone to know that you don't have to be a size four to be fashionable. You're beautiful no matter what size you are. Wear whatever you're comfortable in. I do! No one is going to be looking at you thinking "she shouldn't be wearing that." And if they are then that's their problem. If you're happy and comfortable in a crop top then wear it! It is no one else's business. Let me know what you all think of my summer looks and tell me what your summer fashion staples are this year in the comments!











You May Also Like

0 comments