MARCH FAVORITES

by - 1:32 PM


Hey everyone! I can't believe how fast 2014 is going. March is over already and that means I've collected quite a few favorites to share with you all! This list covers everything from beauty to fashion and some pretty random things thrown in. Hope you enjoy and let me know if some of your March favorites are the same as mine!


Beauty

I am overly obsessed with makeup and this list could go on forever but I'm going to try to keep it short! So I'm kicking off this list with Urban Decay's Naked Palette. I know it came out a while ago and everyone has it already and blah blah blah…. but I can't get over how much I love it. I got it about a month ago for my birthday and I've gotten so many different everyday looks out of it. My favorite combination is probably Sin (lid), Toasted, (crease and outer v), and Virgin (tear duct and brow bone). I also like to use Naked (lid), with Buck (crease and outer corner), and Virgin (tear duct and brow bone) for when I don't want my eyes to be the focus of my look. It's an incredible palette and I'm definitely looking to get Naked 2 and 3 soon.


My next makeup favorite for March is MAC Lipstick. I hadn't purchased any lipstick from MAC previously and after trying one I bought seven in a week (I know, I have a problem). The shades I currently own are Peach Blossom, Shy Girl, Ravishing, Snob, Craving, Rebel, and Diva. They're so creamy and moisturizing and the vanilla scent they have is probably my favorite thing about them. Plus they are super long lasting which is great for me because I am constantly rubbing my lips together. I know they're a little pricier then drugstore lipsticks but they're really pigmented and long lasting so you don't need to use a lot. So in the long run you're kind of saving money. (I just needed to justify that for myself)


My third makeup favorite for March comes as a package deal for me. I don't think I will ever use one of these without the other: NARS Bronzer in Laguna and NARS Blush in Orgasm. These are the two most popular shades in blush and bronzer from NARS and for good reason. I've had a hard time finding a bronzer (I use it for contouring) that doesn't look like I smudged dirt on my face or used a little too much orange tanning cream. NARS Laguna is the perfect shade for me and paired with Orgasm it is to die for. I don't like my blushes to be too pink/red toned because I have pretty good natural flush going on to begin with (my face gets red SO easily). I tend to lean more toward peachy shades and being that Spring has just begun what better than a peachy pink blush? Orgasm is a beautiful peachy pink shade with just the right amount of shimmer that it doesn't distract from any other element of a look. It's very buildable and a little bit goes a long way which is great because I feel like I'm getting more for my money. These two have become my holy grail blush and bronzer combo and I have a feeling I will always come back to them.



Next for March is Maybelline's Baby Skin. This is a pore eraser that has done wonders for my face. My pores aren't THAT big. I think it is one of those things where I'm the only person that notices because it's on my face. But, wow, do I notice it and it drives me insane. I've never tried the POREfessional by Benefit so I can't really compare the two but Maybelline's does a great job. Being that it reduces the look of my pores, my makeup tends to look less cakey.

And my last beauty favorite is the Fix + Spray by MAC. It's a moisturizing finishing spray (NOT a setting spray) that is supposed to minimize caking and give your complexion that radiant glowing look. I don't notice that extreme of a transformation but it does a great job of refreshing my skin and it does do wonders for cake makeup. It's been a lifesaver in that department. It also smells great!

Onto Fashion!

My first fashion favorite for you is a pair of shoes! I've actually had these for about two years and I never really wore them. I rediscovered them in my closet about two months ago and I've just about worn them to death. They're cute little oxford-style flats that tie across the top of the foot and have a semi-circle cutout. They are so sweet and go with just about everything. These are definitely one of my go to pairs of flats for spring!

Next up on the list is statement necklaces! My collection of oversized statement necklaces is getting quite large. I tend to gravitate toward floral ones and that's perfect being that spring is here! I've been switching it up a lot lately and I got a few new ones I'm in love with. I think statement necklaces are a great way to tie together any outfit.



And Some Random Things…

So Frozen came out on DVD this month and I. Have. Been. Obsessed. It is such a great movie and the songs are amazing and ugh. Just everything about it is great and if you haven't seen it yet I seriously suggest you sit down and watch it right now.


This next thing is a food favorite! I've recently rediscovered Oreos… I know, they're so bad for you but they are amazing and I love them. So, eat Oreos.


 Hope you enjoyed!








You May Also Like

0 comments