CHANEL HAUTE COUTURE FW 2014-2015: TOP 5 LOOKS

by - 1:45 AM



Hello, my lovelies! It has been too long since I've posted (sorry!) but I'm back now hopefully for good! Today I am going to be talking about something near and dear to my heart: Chanel. The pure essence of sophistication, Chanel is a brand whose legacy will live on forever in the world of fashion; or should I say Mademoiselle's legacy. The Fall/Winter 2014-2015 Haute Couture collection hit the runway at the Grand Palais in Paris on July 8th and the fashion world has been singing its praise ever since. From the signature tweed suit to some of the most intricate and gorgeous beadwork I have ever seen to unnaturally beautiful silhouettes created by the structured designs of one Mr. Karl Lagerfeld, this collection is absolutely breathtaking. With every Chanel show comes something completely different but one factor always remains the same: Karl Lagerfeld's impeccable talent of making textiles, patterns, and accessories that should not go together look effortlessly chic and put together. This collection was no exception. Every outfit was paired with sandals that wrapped up the model's ankles. Sandals are the last thing that should work in a winter collection but somehow, Lagerfeld makes you accept it without question. 
     This collection was filled with 70 absolutely stunning pieces. After studying each image in immense detail I have painstakingly narrowed my favorites down to five. I think each piece hits on a different element of the show and gives a really good idea of what it was all about.

Look #24





















I think this one might be my favorite. This look is absolutely breathtaking. The details are beautiful almost beyond words. The collar and shoulders are embellished with deep and bright reds with some tan accents mixed in with what almost look like camellias, the signature flower of Chanel that has appeared in many designs over the years. The structured shoulders are a nice touch and give a very interesting silhouette. The torso is covered in what almost looks like crystals or ice backed by a bright red fabric. It reminds me of snowfall when it hasn't completely covered the ground; it's uneven in its placement and you can still glimpse a distorted view of what's underneath. The way this section of the piece was designed gives it a delicacy that would be very difficult to recreate. Moving further down the piece, at the waistline it is divided into another section and the silhouette flares out into somewhat of a bubble skirt shape. The design of the red flowers from the collar and shoulders has been carried down into the skirt and this gives the piece and very consistent and finished look. I think if the crystal-like embellishments has been carried down into the skirt the piece would have looked unfinished. The piece as a whole screams Christmas to me. It looks like a very festive holiday piece and I would be absolutely honored to wear this for a Christmas celebration. Now, the most interesting thing about this piece, and the collection as a whole, is Karl's decision to finish off these winter looks with sandals (although not quite as daring as pairing running sneakers with delicate spring dresses as he did earlier this year). Every model had a pair of toe-thong sandals with fabric that laced up the ankles and tied into a bow in the front. This potentially could have been a disaster. But with the right colors, fabrics, and his impeccable eye for beauty, Karl made it work. For this design in particular, the tan color that was a very subtle accent in the dress's design has been carried down into the sandals and this is what polishes off the look.


Look #37


























The second look I chose is this beautiful grayish-purple fur-like dress. The cascading ruffles of fabric give this dress a beautiful flow and the detached fur sleeves give it a stunning and very interesting visual element that one would not expect. Very small camellias of a darker color are placed randomly throughout the dress and this adds yet another interesting visual element that makes you really want to study it in detail. This look is extraordinarily beautiful and very feminine. This piece was paired with diamond embellished sandals of the same grayish-purple color. This is definitely one of the most unique looks in the whole collection. 

Look #56



This look is one of my absolute favorites. The deep red is such a gorgeous color for winter. I love it so much. The two toned collar is such a great touch of detail and the three buttons down the center make me go absolutely crazy. I am obsessed with buttons and I think they give this look a very polished and sophisticated feeling. It is funny how something as simple as buttons can change an entire piece. The beadwork on the shoulders and sleeves is so intricate and delicate looking and I love that Karl brought it down into the shorts that stick out of the bottom of the skirt. It gives the look a very finite feeling. The piping of deep red velvet on the hem of the skirt and sleeves is also a beautiful touch and velvet is the perfect fabric for winter. The look is topped off with white diamond embellished sandals with the same deep red carried down into the bows. This look is so sophisticated and chic and the model has the perfect, delicate frame to carry it and make it look ultra feminine. 

Look #40





















I. Am. Obsessed. With. This. Look. I don't even know where to start. The whole thing is just perfect. The neckline is perfectly lined with this beautiful white beading that accents the rest of the look perfectly and the deep V adds an element to this piece that the others don't have. I love the two silver crest-like embellishments on the chest; they almost scream royalty. The rest of the top has a quilted pattern of what looks like the same white beading that frames the neckline and the sleeves. The silver band around the waist is such a cute, feminine little touch that breaks up the look nicely. Now the skirt. Oh my god, the skirt. This is my favorite thing in the universe. Ever. The top section of the skirt has a white chevron pattern that looks to be the same white beading from the top with bigger sections of slightly silver chevron interspersed throughout. Then it has this absolutely beautiful tulle bottom that has little pieces of white fringe lining the top of it. To me it looks like a very sophisticated almost business-like ballerina. This is what a ballerina would wear to an office job. Hell, I'm nowhere near a ballerina and I would wear this to the grocery store. Yes, I'm that in love with it. The look is topped off with white sandals embellished with the same beading from the top and pretty white bows. Ugh, I'm just obsessed with this. I need to calm down. 


Look #55




Intricate beadwork seems to have been a reigning theme in this collection and that rings true for the last look I've picked. With its high, structured collar, split front, and gold and orangey-red beadwork this looks to me like something royalty would wear. It's such a sophisticated look. My favorite part of this look is the beadwork lining the bottom of the skirt and the shorts underneath. I love how it climbs up the skirt looking like branches or vines with and abundance of beautiful red, orange, gold, and silver flowers coating the bottom. I especially love that this design is carried onto the sleeves too. Karl is very consistent in making sure his designs look completely finished and polished by carrying very tiny details all throughout a piece and I love that about him. This look is topped off with gold sandals with the same beadwork and white bows around the ankles. 

It was so unbelievably difficult to narrow my favorites down to five (that's why this post is so late!) but I think the ones that I chose encompass the theme and over feeling of elegance that the collection as a whole presents. This show was very mesmerizing to watch and I definitely recommend checking it out! To see all 70 looks, you can click right here OR to watch the full runway show, click here. I hope you all enjoyed this post! Make sure to let me know what your favorite looks from the show were in the comments! 





You May Also Like

0 comments